Kenosha North Pierhead Light Station up for sale | News
Two historic Wisconsin lighthouses, including one in Kenosha, are up for sale. The U.S. General Services Administration has put the Kenosha North Pierhead Light Station in Kenosha and the Manitowoc Light Station for sale via public auction online.
The Kenosha North Pierhead Lighthouse is located near Simmons Island Park in Kenosha. It was built in 1906 and is a steel plate conical tower, 50-feet tall on a concrete base. It is accessible by boat only.
The lighthouse was first made available to other government agencies and non-profit organizations, but a new owner was not found.
The lighthouse is available for sale by online auction.
Upcoming Events near Kenosha County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Town of Burlington man accused of downloading child porn
- Eaton headed for trial, accused in 1997 death of Amber Creek
- Rudy the red-tailed hawk now has permanent home at Racine Zoo
- Man carried out of home on Taylor Ave. in Racine after fire breaks out
- Oklahoma trainee’s tip leads to arrest of James Eaton
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was “nagging” him
- Drivers take note: 16-mile stretch of I-94 to be resurfaced
- Neighbors “heartbroken” elderly couple involved in murder/attempted suicide
- Oak Creek arms teachers, staff with tools in case of shooting
- Cudahy man charged in standoff says he was mad his friend called police
- Franklin rejects plan to repay millions borrowed for proposed baseball stadium
- Man arrested for carrying handgun into Whitnall M.S.
- Police arrest man accused of carrying gun into Whitnall Middle School
- New to the market: “Baby Jack Blankets” for your children
- Fundraiser at Classic Lanes for families affected by Greenfield apartment fire