Kenosha North Pierhead Light Station up for sale | News
Two historic Wisconsin lighthouses, including one in Kenosha, are up for sale. The U.S. General Services Administration has put the Kenosha North Pierhead Light Station in Kenosha and the Manitowoc Light Station for sale via public auction online.
The Kenosha North Pierhead Lighthouse is located near Simmons Island Park in Kenosha. It was built in 1906 and is a steel plate conical tower, 50-feet tall on a concrete base. It is accessible by boat only.
The lighthouse was first made available to other government agencies and non-profit organizations, but a new owner was not found.
The lighthouse is available for sale by online auction.
Upcoming Events near Kenosha County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Racine police investigate recent Craigslist armed robberies
- ACLU trains folks in Racine on what to do if/when you’re pulled over
- Man connected to Burlington standoff reaches plea deal
- Mitchell Elementary students return to class in new school
- Mitchell students excited to start at Wind Point on Wednesday